Monday, January 24, 2005

 
I received a miniature crystal tennis racket from a client today in the tennis industry that I did some work for. It's engraved at the bottom: "Thank you for all of your hard work. We 'love' you." Love is in quotation marks. I hope whoever came up with the text of the engraving gets fired effective immediately. Just because "love" is a tennis word doesn't mean I want to see it on my bookshelf every time I reach for the tax code. There's no place for love next to the commercial code. I got tired of seeing the plastic figurine of a sewage tanker one client sent me a couple of years ago and I gave it to a homeless person. He'll enjoy it more than I will. When clients send us gifts it tells me we aren't charging enough. Everything tells me we aren't charging enough. When clients call with more business it tells me we aren't charging enough. When clients tell me about their expensive vacations it tells me we aren't charging enough. Of course, when clients switch firms, it tells me maybe we're charging too much. But my clients never switch firms.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?